Panasonic has announced the release of a Software Upgrade Key (DMW-SFU2) for the LUMIX S full-frame mirrorless camera. The software will further expand the video performance of the LUMIX S1 for advanced video recording, allowing the user to access 14+ stops of V-Log recording.
Some of the functions that will be available with the software upgrade are:
- 14+ stops of V-Log recording
- World’s first 4:2:2 10-bit 4K MOV 30p/25p[i] internal video recording[ii]
- World’s first 4:2:2 10-bit 4K 60p/50p[iii] HDMI output[iv]
- V-Log and V-Gamut compatible with Cinema VariCam Look
- In-camera LUT (Look Up Table) application enabling playback of V-Log while or after recording (LUT Display with Custom Function)
- A WFM (Waveform Monitor) displays brightness level while recording
- High-res 48-kHz/24-bit or 96-kHz/24-bit sound can be recorded in MOV using the XLR Microphone Adaptor DMW-XLR1
The Software Upgrade Key will be available in July 2019, priced at $199.
The Official Press Release article can be found here.