On September 23, Sony released a firmware update for their flagship camera – A9. After the firmware patches in v.4 and the major update after that, this update, v. 6.0 adds real-time Eye AF for animals, interval shooting function, and allows the operation with the wireless remote commander RMT-P1BT.
The full list of updates:
- Adds real-time Eye AF for animals
- This function can be used simultaneously with tracking.
- Eye detection may not be possible, depending on the environment, animal type or the movement of the animal.
- It is not possible to simultaneously detect human and animal eyes.
- Addition of the interval shooting function
- Allows the operation with the wireless remote commander RMT-P1BT (sold separately)
- Other improvements:
- [Focus Frame Color] can be selected.
- “My Menu” can be assigned to appear first when you press the MENU button.
- Improves the overall stability of the camera
The firmware update for Windows and Mac can be downloaded on the Sony website.